Leap of faith

I am back home now and alone in my flat. It feels rather empty after her visit. It was such a pleasure to integrate her to my daily life. It was comfortable, but then again we are comfortable anywhere together. She's left personal stuff behind and it makes it tangible that she'll be back. There is such excitement and trepidation to the prospect of her moving here. Yet at the same time, there is some anxiety, from one day to the next, we will have taken a leap into a couple life. The geography of our situation makes it even more a giant step, it's a lot more than just moving in, it is a major change, more so for her than for me. I am blown away that her love is so strong that she'll make this radical adjustment to her life to give us a chance to chase all those dreams we've nourished.

I can't wait for her arrival but yet I need to make the most of the time till then to prepare for it. I need to make sure I can support her in that move like I promised I would. This is as much for her as for me.

I've always been the relentless optimist, but what I've been living for a year now with her, all I've been learning have even more strengthened my faith in life's beauty and simplicity. Happiness is ever present, it's just our mindset that makes us miss it. We need to tune in positively to see it. But it's so worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe harbour...

What a difference a day makes